* The new handheld console will be released in the UK on March 25th – 2 days before the US launch (ha ha!)….
* Pricing isn’t set in stone, but will be between £219-£229 (hmmm, expensive). HMV have it listed at £229, but after today’s news regarding the high street retailer, you might want to place your order elsewhere….
* There’s a juicy games line-up for launch, including multi-player PES, a new Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, a new Metal Gear Solid title, Street Fighter IV 3D and 20-odd others.
* Games aren’t the only thing on the 3DS menu, either. Expect content from Sky and Eurosport’s 3D divisions and original content from Aardman Animation based on the superb kids show Shaun The Sheep.
* Nintendo’s Spot Pass will definitely work in the UK, after a deal with BT Fon has been thrashed out, allowing you to access data continually from BT wi-fi spots.
That’s the major news for now – we’ll be back with more as and when we get it, and take a closer look at the 3DS on release.